Servings per package:
Paprika, Tomato, Sea Salt, Onion, Capsicum, Pepper, Garlic, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Cayenne, Celery, Parsley, Mustard, Bay Leaf
As an authentic Jambalaya Seasoning for the famous Creole Rice dish
- 2 tbsp Ghee/Oil/Butter
- 500g of Chicken/Prawns/Andouille Sausage/Vegetables
- 1 litre of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 3 tbsp heaped (30g) New Orleans Jambalaya Creole Seasoning
- 1 cup (150g) of diced Capsicum (red, green, yellow or orange) for garnish (why not use all colours for that special mardi-gras vibe)
- 500g of plain rice (uncooked)
- Salt to taste
- In the Ghee, add the Chicken/Prawns/Andouille Sausage/Vegetables and seal on high heat, stir well.
- Add the New Orleans Jambalaya Creole Seasoning to the pan, stir well, fully coating the Chicken/Prawns/Andouille Sausage/Vegetables and fry until aromatic – approx ONE minute.
- Add the Stock, Capsicum and Rice to the pan, stir well to combine.
- If using Prawns, remove them now and set aside – to be added again in the final couple of minutes of cooking.
- Bring to the boil, stirring to evenly combine.
- Reduce heat and cook simmering (covered and vented) until the rice is tender (20 minutes), stirring every five minutes to prevent sticking. Salt to taste, if required.