Servings per package:
Coriander Seed, Cumin Seed, Fenugreek Seed, Turmeric, Chilli Powder, Green Cardamom Seed
- 50g ghee/oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp root ginger, diced
- 2 tbsp Sri Lanka Chicken Curry Masala
- 1kg Chicken pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vinegar (optional)
- 1 can of tomato (420g)
- 1 tsp lemon grass/lemon rind
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Melt ghee/oil in a pan, add onions, garlic and ginger. Fry until onions are soft.
- Add the Sri Lanka Chicken Curry Masala, mix well frying until aromatic.
- Add the meat and seal well. Add salt, vinegar, tomatoes, lemon grass and mix well.
- Add coconut cream and bring to boil.
- Reducing heat to low, cover pan and simmer.
- Cook until the meat is tender and reduce the gravy with the lid off until thick.
- Serve the curry with rice, Naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.