Servings per package:
Coriander Seed, Cumin Seed, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Black Mustard Seed, Chilli Powder, Black Cardamom, Cloves, Green Cardamom Seed, Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup oil or ghee
- 1 handful of curry leaves (optional)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 2 inches Ginger root
- 2 green Chillies.
- 1kg lamb sliced
- 2-3tbsp South Indian Lamb Korma Masala
- 1 cup of thick coconut cream or 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut (ground to a fine paste)
- 1 cup thick yoghurt
- salt and chilli powder to taste
- Heat the oil and add the curry leaves (fry for 30 sec), then add the onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies and fry until soft.
- Add the South Indian Lamb Korma Masala to the pan and fry gently until aromatic.
- Add the meat and seal quickly on high heat.
- Add the coconut cream/coconut paste and yoghurt and cook until the meat is tender and the oil comes to the top and the curry has reduced.
- Serve the curry with rice, Naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.
- This curry is best used for lamb, beef or chicken (vegetables can also be used as long as they are cooked with lamb or chicken).