Servings per package:
Chilli Powder, Fennel Seed, Turmeric, Cumin Seed, Cinnamon, Coriander Seed, Nutmeg, Black Pepper, Green Cardamom Seed
- 4 tbsp butter/ghee (60 g)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (2 tsp garlic paste)
- 2 tsp ginger, finely chopped (2 tsp ginger paste)
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 2½ tbsp Sumatra Lamb Curry Masala
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) Lamb, diced
- 2 cups coconut cream
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- 20g pan roasted, ground desiccated coconut
Melt the butter and add the onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Sauté until the onion is soft. Lower heat, add the Sumatra Lamb Curry Masala, mix well, frying until aromatic. If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of water to enable the spice to fry. Turn up the heat, add the lamb and seal well. Add the remaining ingredients.
Bring to the boil, then cook simmering until the meat is tender and the liquid has reduced.
Chicken and beef, with/without vegetables can be substituted for lamb in this dish.