Servings per package:
Fennel Seed, Chilli Powder, Coriander Seed, Turmeric, Star Anise, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Bay Leaves, Cloves, Green Cardamom Seed
- 3 tbsp butter/ghee (45 g)
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh coriander
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (1 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped (1 tsp minced ginger)
- 6 finely chopped green chillies/capsicum
- 3 tbsp Parsee Chicken and Spinach Curry Masala
- 1.25 kg (2.7 lb) Chicken, diced
- 300 g Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 500 g boiled and drained, or frozen, spinach
- Salt to taste
Melt the butter and add the onion, garlic, ginger and coriander. Sauté until the onion is soft. Turn up the heat, add the chicken and seal well. Lower heat, add the Parsee Chicken and Spinach Curry Masala, mix well, frying until aromatic. If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of water to enable the spice to fry. Add Greek yoghurt/sour cream and stir well.
Bring to the boil, then cook simmering until the meat is tender and the liquid has reduced. Salt to taste. Add the pre-cooked & drained spinach/frozen spinach & cook through. If curry is watery, bring back to boil & cook with lid off, simmering until gravy has reduced.
Serve hot with Kachumber.
This curry can also be cooked with lamb and roasted vegetables.