Servings per package:
Coriander Seed, Cumin Seed, Black Pepper, Chilli Powder, Turmeric, Black Mustard Seed, Cinnamon, Cloves, Fenugreek Seed, Green Cardamom Seed
- 3 tbsp butter/ghee (45 g)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped (1 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped (1 tsp minced ginger)
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Madras Meat Curry Masala
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) Lamb or Beef, diced
- 2 cups of water or coconut cream
- Salt to taste
Melt the butter and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté until the onion is soft. Lower heat, add the Madras Meat Curry Masala, mix well, frying until aromatic. If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of water to enable the spice to fry. Turn up the heat, add the beef and seal well. Add the coconut cream and salt.
Bring to the boil, then cook simmering until the meat is tender and the liquid has reduced.
Serve hot with rice and garnish with julienne ginger and fresh coriander.
For best results this curry can be used with any meat and potatoes or sweet potato, if desired.