Servings per package:
Coriander Seed, Chilli Powder, Paprika, Black Pepper, Turmeric, Green Cardamom Seed
- 6 tbsp butter/ghee (90 g)
- 12 g whole blanched almonds
- 12 g pistachio kernels
- 12 g raisins
- 12 g diced apricots (soaked)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, finely chopped (2 tsp ginger paste)
- 2 tbsp Lamb Korma Shiraz Curry Masala
- 750 g (1.7 lb) Lamb, diced
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt or full cream sour cream
- Salt to taste
- 4 eggs hard boiled, shelled and halved (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander (for garnish)
Melt the ghee, add the almonds and pistachios and fry gently until lightly browned, remove from the pan and set aside. Add the raisins and apricots and fry gently until the raisins puff up, remove from the pan and set aside with the nuts.
Add to the pan the onion and ginger, sauté until the onion is soft.
Lower heat, add the Lamb Korma Shiraz Curry Masala, mix well, frying until aromatic. If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of water to enable the spice to fry. Turn up the heat, add the lamb and seal well. Add the yoghurt/sour cream and salt. Bring to the boil, then cook simmering until the meat is tender and the liquid has reduced. Add the fried fruit and nuts, salt to taste, stir well.
Serve with rice or Pulao (North Indian fragranced rice). Garnish with the halved hard boiled eggs and fresh coriander.