Servings per package:
Chilli Powder, Coriander Seed, Turmeric, Black Mustard Seed, Cumin Seed, Fennel Seed, Cinnamon, Cloves
- 3½ tbsp butter/ghee (50 g)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (1tsp garlic paste)
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped (1tsp ginger paste)
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2½ tbsp Goa Beef Curry Masala
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) Beef, diced
- 2 cups boiling water
- 250g potatoes (quartered)
- ½ cup ground pan-roasted desiccated coconut
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup coconut cream (optional)
Melt the butter and add the onion, garlic, ginger and green chillies. Sauté until the onion is soft. Lower heat, add the Goa Beef Curry Masala, mix well, frying until aromatic. If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of water to enable the spice to fry. Turn up the heat, add the beef and seal well. Add the boiling water to the pan stirring well and bring to the boil.
Simmer until the meat is tender, then add the potatoes and cook until done. Add the coconut, salt, and lime juice.
As an option, the coconut cream can be added to the pan after reducing the liquid.